Pastry Development Manager - CPF - UAE
Job no: 2857927
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya’s Central Production Facility (CPF) in Kuwait currently employs more than 150 people and manufactures food products for brands such as Starbucks. Now is an exciting time to join CPF as they embark on plan to improve, innovate and build additional revenue streams.
You will enhance and develop existing and future menu and product lines for the Food Division's various brands and external customer base. You will combine innovation, creative ideas and exceptional kitchen capabilities in developing cakes and desserts products with commercial understanding of what will be profitable to the business and the customer / end customer.
Key responsibilities include:
• Designing and developing new products and processes in accordance with the Food Division's demands
• Optimising production by analysing processes and identifying process conditions
• Designing, installing and commissioning a new production plant
• Undertaking small and intermediate-scale manufacturing and packaging activities
• Ensuring that operator, environment, process and product safety aspects are considered
• Actively participating in strategic product and process planning by continuously scanning the external environment for new technologies
• Writing recipes and procedures for new products, or reformulating current products
• Controlling / auditing the Production Centres to ensure that the production processes are followed
• Searching / evaluating new ingredients in order to improve the cost and or quality of products
• Managing multiple projects within established timelines.
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have/be:
• Minimum 8 years' experience in a similar role
• A background in Pastry, Cakes & Desserts.
• Knowledge of food production and/or catering industries
• Knowledge of food safety and food quality requirements in a central production facility
• Planning and project management experience
• Influencing and negotiation skills.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend