Senior Fire Safety Manager - Regional Health & Safety - Kuwait
Job no: MRF4750
Kuwait Head Office
Our Loss Prevention team works across all divisions, brands and geographies, to protect profit and reduce losses. Working pro-actively, following lines of investigation as well as providing insight and recommendations to divisions, our loss prevention team works across brands and regions giving them valuable exposure to a range of sectors and environments that ultimately deliver bottom line value to the business.
To act as the subject matter expert for all fire safety related matters within the business and work with all internal and external stakeholders to maintain and develop the company approach to fire safety management across the retail business.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Operate as the subject matter expert for all fire safety related issues within the retail business.
- Work with all internal teams and stakeholders to develop and deliver a fire safety strategy to identify and reduce fire risks within the retail business.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all relevant stakeholders and interested parties both internal and external.
- Identify opportunities for the Health and Safety Team to add value to the wider business and support the Company’s vision and values.
- Work with internal teams (Loss Prevention, Health & Safety, Insurance and Property) to ensure all parties involved with fire safety have the correct knowledge and competence to effectively discharge their duties.
- Develop and maintain a suite of Standard Operating Procedures which provide clear fire safety procedural guidance and instruction to all relevant areas of the retail business.
- Develop, deliver, maintain and monitor fire safety arrangements for all company office environments.
- Develop, deliver and maintain a set of technical specifications for key fire safety facilities required within the retail business.
- Develop, deliver and maintain fire safety training and awareness programs for key areas of the retail business.
- Identify, develop and deliver awareness raising schemes and solutions to increase H&S understanding, competence and buy-in from the wider business.
- Develop and deliver a program of fire safety risk assessments to provide clear understanding on fire risks and levels of compliance within key areas of the business including retail, offices and warehouse establishments.
- Take the lead role in the analysis of fire incident data within the retail business.
- Take the lead role in the investigation of any significant Fire Safety events within the business.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure company arrangements for the testing and maintenance of safety related equipment and instillations are in line with legal requirements, company expectation and best practise.
- Diploma level qualification in Fire Safety / Engineering
- NEBOSH Fire Safety (or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of local legal codes and standards
- Strong knowledge of retail / construction fire safety arrangements and risks
- Strong knowledge of logistics / warehouse fire safety arrangements and risks
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of retail operations.
- Minimum 5 years management level experience in fire / health and safety / civil protection.
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic and ground floor level
- Attention to detail
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend