Senior Solution Designer - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF3354
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
- This role reports to the Senior Manager Technology Solution Design, with close ties to the Head of Enterprise Architecture as well as the Head of Technology Services. The role is based in Kuwait. The Senior Solution Designer is responsible for ensuring end to end integrity of the Alshaya IT Infrastructure Technology landscape and for continuous improvements of the end to end services which are based on this landscape. This is done through structured solution design in line with defined and standards and executed by a competent team. Each Senior Solution Designer will focus on one area of expertise, storage, compute, networks or clients.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods with focus business groups, i.e. management, user community, corporate security and various stake holders, and to translate into approved solution designs.
- Define IT Infrastructure standards and operating procedures as per the industries best practice to achieve better service delivery to the end users
- Prepare detailed business case, solution design, technical work instructions, procedures and implementation methodology for technology team to implement and deliver.
- Facilitate the project review during implementation phase to ensure business objectives are addressed as per the infrastructure solution design and business case.
- Design and Develop Infrastructure technology blue print to address the future business needs for the implementation of new solutions, in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture as well as the Technology Operations teams.
- Implements technology solutions by preparing interactive proof of concepts (POC) and mockups including application and infrastructure elements.
- Industrialize the roll out of the solutions, so that once the solution has proven successful in an initial implementation/Proof of Concept, it can be handed over to the Technology Services team for further deployment
- Plays key role in defining change, capacity, availability and configuration management & processes as per the ITIL standards.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding IT infrastructure design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- A middle managerial role, ensuring reliability, scalability, adoptability and effectiveness of the infrastructure landscape E2E, with a strong foundation for execution
- Ensuring that also small to medium sized changes to the landscape are designed and implemented in line with industry best practices and that they deliver end to end the outcomes the business needs
- Collaborate with and guide IT change delivery, IT services, PMO, 3rd party SIs, software vendors and technology services to ensure architectural consistency, alignment and sustainability across the IT landscape
- Perform IT landscape analysis and audit to identify risks and deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Provide domain specific business technology thought leadership, keep pace with change in new technologies, methods and products
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT, MIS, IT Management or comparable technology / engineering discipline
- 10+ years industry experience across production IT environment, managing enterprise IT Infrastructure, hardware, hosting services, cloud management, workplace, connectivity & unified communication, Data Centre Management with ITIL procedures.
- Domain knowledge of ITIL, project management, server, network, Data Center management & support.
- Specialism in given domains, but good understanding of other domains from a big picture standpoint
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Experience and comfort in presenting and facilitating at senior management levels
- Highly customer focused and collaborative having excellent communication (written and verbal), documentation and presentation skills
- Proven design thinking and solution design skills for hybrid environments using technology platforms and services across both on-premise and multiple cloud service providers
- Proven abilities to think in terms of end-to-end landscape design, both functional and non-functional requirements, consistency, automation, planning, risks, constraints with a passion to secure value from architecture
- Good knowledge and awareness on technology and IT vendor trends, directions and roadmaps
- Strong understanding and background in use of secure design patterns and technologies (information Security tools & technologies)
- Ability to problem solve, influence with excellent networking skills
- Well structured, delivery focused and driven
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend