Shipping Officer - Logistics & Shipping - Oman
Job no: 2624717
Oman Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
Shipping Officer's job varies and relies heavily upon good organizational, delegation and administrative skills. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responding to queries of internal stakeholders, vendors and Freight Forwarders.
- Delegating tasks to team members.
- Generating reports for top management.
- Monitor Staffs KPI.
- Monitor Freight Forwarders SLA.
- Escalation of Shipping issues to Supervisor.
Key skills & Qualifications
- A successfully employed Shipping Officer ideally would have a University degree, preferably in Marine Transport, Transport Economics, Supply Chain, and with relevant logistic qualifications or extensive Logistics experience in port and shipping operations.
- A good Shipping Officer will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- At least 3 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in shipping, freight forwarding and/or general maritime transport. Good knowledge of shipping operations, bookings and Liner rates structure.
- In-depth knowledge of Freight markets/container freight contracting, freight forwarding, cargo and shipping documentation, Bill of Ladings in particular and good understanding of losses/claims procedures.
- Strong supervisory experience, including the ability to effectively lead and delegate work to a team and follows up to ensure objectives are met; Encourage team learning and development.
- Strong negotiations skills are also needed and the ability to influence others. Supply chain mind set and prior working experience in Supply Chain management/tools is an advantage.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of international trading practice.
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend