Facilities Technician - Harvey Nichols - Kuwait
Job no: MRF4024
The Avenues Phase 3
Harvey Nichols Kuwait introduces the most exclusive brands to Kuwait. This is the first high end contemporary and luxury department store in Kuwait catering to men's and women's fashion, jewellery, cosmetics, and more.
Harvey Nichols is a customer-centric organisation that invests in staff, offering numerous training to ensure brand-conscious customers receive international standard brand and product information to create an exceptional and personalised customer experience. Harvey Nichols Kuwait is located in the heart of the vibrant Phase 3, Grand Avenue – The Avenues.
The Facilities Technician primarily works alongside the store visual team, providing repair and maintenance support for all facilities. You will be on call to fix any urgent situation that affects the store’s ability to open for business. Additionally, you will keep an eye on the day-to-day safety of our customers/employees and the security of our assets.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Being on call to answer any issues in the building (climate control, odours, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs)
- Working with outside vendors and contractors to ensure repairs and maintenance is done correctly, and monitoring contractors as they do this work
- Checking and replacing light bulbs in each facility, as needed
- Doing minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Hanging fixtures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantling and installing furniture.
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent physical health
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills with the ability to support project work and teams
- Computer literacy.
This is a very physically demanding role. As such you need to be able to do the following:
- Walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 100 pounds
- Be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend