President - Healthcare
Job no: Ex113
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Executive Vacancies
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognized retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 4,000 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
In the endeavor to diversify and expand its portfolio of businesses, Alshaya Group is currently looking for a President who will be responsible for developing the ambitious growth plan in establishing and expanding its Healthcare Division. The incumbent will be responsible for leading strategic development initiatives while managing the day-to-day operations required for long-term success. The successful candidate will facilitate continuous improvement and action planning to help generate incremental top-line revenues assuring that patient satisfaction is attained. He/she will report into the Chief Executive Officer and will be based at Alshaya Group head office in Kuwait.
- To spearhead the inception and development of the Alshaya’s healthcare division and to identify trends and areas of opportunities.
- To be fully accountable for the budget design, implementation, revenue generation and P&L of the division.
- To ensure appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the division.
- To lead the recruitment of all medical staff and executives managing key departments including emergency management, safety & regulatory compliance, facilities, construction, information technology, human resources, finance, etc.
- To be responsible for delivering the best quality of patient care and efficient leadership while creating a positive and productive culture.
- To deliver a suite of complex and innovative services with safety and quality outcomes that are competitive among leading academic medical centers globally.
- To play a central influential role regarding negotiations and commercial relationships with internal and external key stakeholders.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of an innovative, creative and state-of-the art research and education strategic plan.
- To actively stay abreast of franchise requirements, operating practices, market trends and industry conditions for continual enhancements in healthcare.
- Extensive global healthcare management and operational experience with renowned medical institutions.
- A proven track record driving expansion programs and enhancing profit.
- 25 years of experience in healthcare, 10 of which in a similar capacity.
- Medical Doctor (MD) preferred with relevant educational credentials such as Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Medical Management (MMM) a definite plus.
- Superior success metrics in patient and physician satisfaction and quality performance.
- Excellent analytical skills and data management abilities.
- Ability to convey and apply revenue management principles and practices.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Industry savvy, and proven track record in driving business performance success.
- Very strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization as well as externally
- Self-motivated, organized, able to drive multiple complex projects autonomously.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend