Technical Support Engineer (Redhat/Linux) - IT – Kuwait
Job no: TSELinuxKw
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Responsible for carrying out IT technical requirements and support for assigned areas to provide technical solutions that maintain daily efficiency, monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks. installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Experience in Linux
- Minimum of 3-4+ years’ experience in IT support field
- Handling On-site/Off-site Computer Hardware & Network problems at any point of time
- Assembling and Installing Point of Sale Systems (IBM, Micros)
- MS Windows or Networking certification is an added advantage
- RHCE certification will be an added advantage
- Experience on Micros RES 3700 is an added advantage
- Upgrading and Migrating of Operating systems and Software applications
- Configuring and installing servers (Windows 2003 to 2016)
- Very good working knowledge on Windows Desktop and Server OS (MS Windows 2003 to 2016) and Linux (Redhat / Fedora / Centos)
- Handling of Network Designing, Cabling and Installation of the IT infrastructure for proposed stores.
- Experienced on installation & troubleshooting in Window Server and Linux (L3 level)
- Knowledge in scripting
- Basic knowledge of MySql / SQL
- Must be willing to work on shifts
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend