Technical Support Engineer - Networks (Hardware/Software) – IT - Kuwait
Job no: TSENetworksHSKw
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Responsible for carrying out IT technical requirements and support for assigned areas to provide technical solutions that maintain daily efficiency, monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks. installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Configuring and installing servers on various platform (Windows 2003 to 2016)
- Handling On-site/Off-site Computer Hardware & Network problems at any point of time
- Handling of Network Designing, Cabling and Installation of the IT infrastructure for proposed stores
- Upgrading and Migrating of Operating systems and Software applications
- Handling user complaints & problems and providing ultimate solutions to their needs and requirements
- Assembling and Installing Point of Sale Systems (IBM, Micros)
- Server backups and troubleshooting activities
- Degree in Electronics / Computer Engineering or any Degree with relevant work experience
- Very good working knowledge on Windows Desktop and Server OS (MS Windows 2003 to 2016)
- MS Windows or Networking certification is an added advantage
- Basic networking skills
- IT Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Secure data communication skills
- Basic working knowledge in SQL/Sybase is an advantage
- Knowledge of Windows administration
- Experience on Micros RES 3700 is an added advantage
- Ready to work in shifts
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in the role
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend