Technical Support Engineer - Networking – IT - Kuwait
Job no: TSENetworkingKw
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Responsible for carrying out IT technical requirements and support for assigned areas to provide technical solutions that maintain daily efficiency, monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks. installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
• Implement and manage the network infrastructure and services for the business to ensure maximum availability and performance at all times.
• Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation.
• Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network services including LAN, WAN, Email, Authentication/Active Directory, Application Services, Voice/Telephony and Video.
• Manage and ensure effectiveness of security (perimeter, edge and core) solutions, including firewalls, proxies, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
• Execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
• Incident, Problem and Change Management on a RIM environment and familiar with datacenter operations
• Conceptual knowledge of Business continuity and DR planning
• Working with IT support personnel providing network administration and end users with technical support.
• At least 3-5 years work experience managing and configuring enterprise wide LANs, WANs & VPNs.
• Proven experience in network design and development.
• CCNA ,CCNP certified professional.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend