Senior Accountant - Finance - Tunisia
Job no: SA-Finance-Tunisia
Tunisia Head Office
Our multi-disciplined finance teams support and improve business performance while maintaining effective and robust control. We have teams working within our retail divisions; reviewing financial performance, identifying trends, spotting opportunities and supporting business planning and decision making. In our Central Finance Team, business performance is recorded, reported and analyzed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Finance staff also play an active role in the review and enhancement of business processes and technology usage.
Undertake all/any responsibilities appropriate to level of experience for activities within Sales, Cash Collection, Credit Collection, General Ledger, Purchasing, Banking, Loan Accounts, Payroll, Inventory and the Cashiers Office, to ensure the integrity and correctness of all financial data/ transactions. Undertake financial reporting and interfaces with internal and external auditors to clarify on audit issues. Support work process simplifications and system enhancements initiatives to boost the efficiency of the Account team. Support critical closing procedures to ensure timeliness.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Substantiate and authenticate transactions and ensure correct application of company policies and procedures for:
- Cash deposits, sales credit cards, gift vouchers, reconciliation, Control Accounts, Purchase Orders, Suppliers invoice, Credit Notes, cost prices, services/goods received, financial authority/approval, Contracts/Agreements/ Rental Agreements, cheque preparation, cash collections and deposits, commission, interest, establishing Letters of Credit (LC), bank charges, bank Guarantees, loan repayments, foreign suppliers payments, electronic funds transfer, monitoring bank accounts, bank transactions and bank standing instructions, and payroll.
- Ensure that there is sufficient supporting/justifying documentation and correct as per level of authority and with Company Policy.
- Classify and code transactions in accordance with company Chart of Accounts adhere to Company Policy and Procedures and accounting standards.
- Query all/any unclear allocation of costs.
- Support various work process simplification and system enhancement initiatives driven by the Supervisor. Ensure new changes are communicated to all Accountants.
- Support the Supervisor in all issues related to monthly closing. Strictly follows guidelines for Monthly Closing. Adhere to the instructions and time deadlines.
- Make control and exception reports to ensure books of accounts, inventory, fixed and other tangible assets are independently reconciled, and accurately stated for every period; take appropriate corrective action.
- Generate standard and ad hoc reports; review, analyse and comment on reports, to confirm accuracy for monthly and final closing of books of accounts.
- Work with the internal and external auditors and furnish all details requested and agreed. Answer queries in consultation with Supervisors. Escalate issues as and when required.
- Degree / Post graduate qualification in Accounting.
- Good Understanding of oracle financial system.
- Ability to learn fast, and take initiative, work independently and deliver on time.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Good communication and patient listener.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Central European Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend