Online Merchandiser - Kuwait
Job no: MRF3442
Kuwait Head Office
eCommerce is an exciting new support function within Alshaya as the business launches transactional websites for a number of the 75+ brands and 15+ countries within the Alshaya portfolio. The function is rapidly building Alshaya’s multi-channel capability to deliver customers’ choice and convenience when shopping in a number of rapidly growing online emerging markets. The function is split in to 4 key areas – Trading & Merchandising, Operations & Program Management, Design & Content and Digital Marketing.
The online Merchander will play a significant role in driving sales and conversion by creating a best-in-class customer experience on site. The responsibilities are product set-up and promotions operations. In addition, developing and executing visual merchandising strategy for the site that engages and drives revenue.
- Develop merchandising strategy and operational plans based on customer insights, brand strategy, e-commerce goals and initiatives to achieve substantial uplifts in revenue, site conversion and average order size, improve user experience, and enhance product discovery and content.
- Collaborate with regional Brand, merchandise and design teams to tell key merchandising stories and work with site and development team to ensure we deliver these stories against the consumer experience.
- Responsible for the management and day-to-day trading of a category or categories online, including maintenance of Category Landing Pages and other relevant site real estate.
- Merchandise Officer is expected to define and implement the trading strategy for his/her categories, in conjunction with the Category Manage/Brand Team/eCommerce Manager.
- Accountable for the effective management of the Product Life Cycle, including new product launches, end of life products and product substitution process.
- Working closely with the Brand Team(s), Category Manager(s), and eCommerce Manager to define, agree and execute sales and promotional plans.
- Constantly monitor site Search and navigation on the site(s) making sure that is fully optimized and make suggestions and implement these to improve the customer journey whilst understanding the commercial impact of these changes.
- Responsible for the effective management of online inventory and ranges.
- Provide market, competitive, strategic and tactical information to help better introduce/implement products, programs and services and refine approach as needed.
- Strive to understand the customer experience of the website using the tools available and make suggestions for improvement where applicable.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend