Senior Visual Designer - eCommerce - Kuwait
Job no: MRF3429
Kuwait Head Office
eCommerce is an exciting new support function within Alshaya as the business launches transactional websites for a number of the 75+ brands and 15+ countries within the Alshaya portfolio. The function is rapidly building Alshaya’s multi-channel capability to deliver customers’ choice and convenience when shopping in a number of rapidly growing online emerging markets. The function is split in to 4 key areas – Trading & Merchandising, Operations & Program Management, Design & Content and Digital Marketing.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process. You will be designing digital store fronts, building prototypes and crafting production assets. You will be involved in every aspect of the design and development process. You will contribute to high-level strategic decisions and work closely with project managers, business analysts, content strategists and key brand stakeholders.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and tangible experiences
- Craft and prototype digital user interfaces for responsive web and native mobile apps
- Design flows and screens according to best practiced interaction design standards
- Partner with Interaction Designers, Front-End Developers, BA’s, PM’s and content strategists’ on a daily basis
- Work within practical, technical and brand constraints
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and developers in order to continually raise our standards
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- 5+ years digital design experience (in-house, agency or consultancy)
- Some experience designing and deploying responsive websites and native mobile apps
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Design (i.e. Graphic, Vis Coms, Product, HCI or related.
- Extensive working knowledge of industry standard design tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, et al)
- Experience building interactive prototypes (Invision, Origami, Protopie, et al.)
- Fluent in English (Arabic, a bonus)
- Strong online or digital portfolio demonstrating a broad body of work
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend