Head of Application Services - IT - India
Job no: IND2018-IT42
India Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Responsibilities include managing all production retail systems (online and brick and mortar) that generate the company’s revenues. The ultimate objective - meet SLA and consistently deliver high-quality system products & seamlessly operate IT services within allotted budget.
What You will do –
- Create technology environment that enables and supports innovative thoughts and projects
- Ensure new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements & defined ISMS guidelines.
- Ensure continuous and stable round the clock availability of application platforms.
- Ensure Operational KPI’s are met to the agreed SLA’s
- Interface with Internal & external auditors during annual audits.
- Work with regulatory authorities to settle claims.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Manage a large work force, ensuring team development is focused on and drives it forward.
- Foster team building techniques / introduce activities to enhance team performance. Recognize high achievers and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking, constantly motivate team.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts. Promote Alshaya’s Vision and Values
Ideally, the candidate should have some, if not all of the following –
- Technical fluency in PLSQL
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Retail ERP (Oracle is a definite plus).
- Has an excellent understanding of Merchandise planning, POS, supply chain and financial’s.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Hands-on leadership roles, directly managing data and analytics teams
• 15-18 years of work experience
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: India Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend