Senior Architect - Solution - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF3231
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Senior Solution Architect is expected to deliver IT solutions that meet business requirements. Success criteria for the role:
Experience in implemention of BI/ Data Warehousing applications like Oracle BI, Teradata, Manthan etc. and ETL tools like Snaplogic (preferred – cloud integrations), Pentaho etc. ; ability to convert business requirements to solution design specs; ability to work as a team to design, configure, build, test and deliver appropriate packaged software or custom developed solution; ability to define and implement process improvements; expertise in documentation, communication, quality assurance, collaboration, stakeholder and time management;
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Interpret, understand business drivers as stated in business cases or change requests - conceptualize into viable solutions
- Partner with business analyst and technical analyst to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
- Function as a subject matter expert; drive best practices for processes.
- Assist ITBPs and ITSMs in effort, cost or value estimates for business cases or change requests; participate in business need discovery sessions, technology assessment, vendor presentations or other initiatives
- Prepare accurate documentation of requirements, specifications, test cases or other areas where documentation is key
- Identify and recommend business process changes and better practices – saving time, cost or effort; convert to solution
- Be a solutions architect; demonstrate agile, lean, continuous improvement practices throughout work method; develop capabilities within domains of interest
- Partner internally (IT) with ITBP, ITSM and PMO to ensure change delivery meets or exceeds customer satisfaction
- Partner externally (customer) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, present solutions, evangelize better practices, time management, train users, set and manage delivery expectations
- Partner externally (vendor) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, collaborate in solution delivery, manage and report performance, ensure methodology compliance
- Meet KPI targets; support domain leader as backup; actively mentor business analysts
- Discuss or present key subjects in user group sessions; support ITBPs and ITSMs on user adoption as needed
- Solution Designs should meet business requirements, be technically viable, scalable, adopt best practices and be robust/ thorough.
- Help Alshaya IT become a world leading IT organization to drive Alshaya’s growth into a world leading retailer – meet KPIs on time and quality for solution design
- Knowledge of BI solutions and best practices
- Flair for making key decisions on solutions – eg: right integration approach, right system for a report etc.
- Data modelling and governance
- Knowledge of retail business drivers, related process and technology trends
- Knowledge of IT best practices; familiarity with IT architecture and service management principles
- >6 years as a solutions architect with experience implemention of BI/ Data Warehousing applications like Oracle BI, Teradata, Manthan etc. and ETL tools like Snaplogic (preferred – cloud integrations), Pentaho etc.
- Experience in a data management and governance role
- Experience in the Retail/eCommerce industry; keen appreciation of digital enterprise characteristics
- Functional Expert
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Quick learning
- Multi level stakeholder management
- Ability to build sustainable solutions
Additional role requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sc. from a reputed school of learning; Master degree preferred
- Certified in one or more IT disciplines: TOGAF, CBAP, ITIL etc.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend