Shipping Supervisor - Logistics - Qatar
Job no: 2340508
Qatar Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
A Shipping Supervisor's job is very varied and relies heavily upon good organizational, delegation and administrative skills. Your daily tasks will include:
1. Lead and motivate subordinates.
2. Solve routine daily problems.
3. Control or evaluate performance of subordinates and the department - performance appraisals.
4. Carry out policies passed down by hierarchy from the level above.
5. Delegate projects to subordinates.
Key skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred; logistics, supply chain management, business administration or in a similar discipline.
- Experience working in a multi-channel retail business/industry.
- Proven record of managing a high number of multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong demonstrated computer skills, working knowledge of Excel and Word (PowerPoint and Access experience a plus).
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in both Supervisory and Shipping Roles
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend