Shipping Supervisor - Logistics - Qatar
Job no: 2340508
Qatar Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
A Shipping Supervisor's job is very varied and relies heavily upon good organizational, delegation and administrative skills. Your daily tasks will include:
1. Lead and motivate subordinates.
2. Solve routine daily problems.
3. Control or evaluate performance of subordinates and the department - performance appraisals.
4. Carry out policies passed down by hierarchy from the level above.
5. Delegate projects to subordinates.
Key skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred; logistics, supply chain management, business administration or in a similar discipline.
- Experience working in a multi-channel retail business/industry.
- Proven record of managing a high number of multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong demonstrated computer skills, working knowledge of Excel and Word (PowerPoint and Access experience a plus).
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in both Supervisory and Shipping Roles
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend