Manager-Application Change Delivery - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF2754
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
As an Application Change Delivery Manager for IT, you will have the expertise in one or more areas such as in supply chain -planning, inventory management, global trade etc., focusing on retail industry. You must be able to design, build and deliver scalable packaged software or custom developed solutions, expertise in communication, quality assurance, collaboration, stakeholder, team and time management
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with customers (business users, stakeholders) to extract requirement details; apply subject matter knowledge and domain experience to lead a team of analysts to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
- Lead and support implementation of process and systems to enable best practices across various Alshaya divisions; work closely with Enterprise Architect (EA) team to confirm approaches for data integration, data management, and data governance within Alshaya and External (suppliers, 3PLs, etc.) systems
- Practice and promote Agile manifesto; function as a product owner, scrum master, solutions architect, QA engineer, trainer, or change delivery manager as needed; demonstrate agile, lean, continuous improvement practices throughout work method; continuously develop capabilities within domain
- Assist ITBPs and ITSMs in effort, cost or value estimates for business cases or change requests; participate in business need discovery sessions, technology assessment, vendor presentations or other initiatives
- Partner externally (customer) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, present solutions, evangelize better practices, time management, train users, set and manage delivery expectations
- Partner externally (vendor) with stakeholders as guided by senior manager
- Experience in the Retail/eCommerce industry; keen appreciation of digital enterprise characteristics
- Knowledge and experience in analytical methods, planning techniques and BI tools
- Exposure to business process metrics and standard reference models
- In-depth knowledge of ecommerce components (content management, product information systems, related integration, etc.)
- Expert knowledge in Coding standards and practices
- Expert in UI/UX considerations, performance factors, Agile delivery
- Knowledge of package software implementation methods
- 6-8 years of experience in developing, implementing and supporting one or more of the following:
- Oracle Retail suite-RMS,RPM,ReIM,ReSA,RTM, SIM
- Open source technologies and tools
- Oracle SOA suite, Middleware, ETL, data integration and messaging platforms
- QA automation
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend