Senior Manager-Application Change Delivery (Magento) - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF138
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Senior Manager is expected to lead a global team to successfully deliver a highly impactful digital presence on web and mobile, eCommerce and Omni channel, social media, etc., with solutions that meet business requirements. Success criteria for the role:
- Domain expertise; ability to architect, build and deliver scalable digital commerce solutions to meet growing business demands; expertise in communication, quality assurance, collaboration, stakeholder, team and time management
- Interpret, understand business drivers as stated in business cases or change requests - conceptualize into viable solutions
- As domain expert, work closely with customers (business users, stakeholders) to extract requirement details, apply subject matter knowledge and domain experience to convert requirement details to specifications; work closely with Enterprise Architect (EA) team to define strategies and approaches for data integration, data management, and data governance within Alshaya and External (suppliers, 3PLs, etc.) systems
- Lead a team of analysts to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
- Actively promote adoption of corporate solutions across the business; ensure compliance of process and practices; ensure user adoption, training and enablement is sustained
- Lead/Participate in process improvement discussions with business groups; be a thought leader in retail Omni-channel ecommerce process and systems
- Meet KPI targets; own domain budgets; support division leader as backup; develop and manage domain team
Skills and Experience:
- 6-8 years of overall ecommerce experience; 3-4 years of experience in Magento; 3-4 years of exposure to digital marketing platforms/Omni channel customer experience development; 3-4 years of experience in managing large global scrum teams
- Experience in ecommerce components (content management, product information systems, related integration, etc.)
- Experience delivering large ecommerce development projects for enterprise clients
- Expert in data architecture and integration, solution architecture, technical components and integration patterns, particularly in Magento; expert knowledge in ecommerce Coding standards
- Experience in defining/establishing and managing the technical architecture of ecommerce projects; ability to define and enforce compliance of standards for scalability, reusability, etc.
- Expert in UI/UX, Platform and Application architecture, performance factors
- Expert in managing multiple stakeholders and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of Magento extensions; experience in development of plugins; knowledge of Drupal or similar WCM Products
- 3-5 years of experience in developing process and data models, value stream maps, problem statements, solution maps, conducting JAD, RAD, JRP or similar methodology/technique for requirement gathering workshops, agile delivery, etc.
- Experience in the Retail/eCommerce industry; keen appreciation of digital enterprise characteristics
- Expert in IT best practices; familiarity with IT architecture and service management principles
- Executive presence and ability to influence decisions
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,900 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend