Head of Change Management
Job no: Ex 86
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Categories: Executive Vacancies
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 4,000 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 53,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com.
Based in Alshaya head office in Kuwait, the Head of Change Management will report into the Chief Transformation Officer and will be given the mandate to ensure that the new change initiatives introduced into the organisation help to further the organisational objectives and fit in completely with its corporate vision and mission. The role will be to create conditions for a smooth transition to changes with least resistance from the employees and maximum enthusiasm to adapt to the change. In addition, the role involves being a mentor or coach to the organisation in the implementation of change.
The change initiatives or projects within the organisation will include changes to technology and systems, changes to business processes and changes in organisational structure and job roles.
- To apply a structured and consistent change methodology for all employees, projects and departments across the organisation.
- To define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress.
- To assess the change impact and develop counter strategies to reduce resistance and address uncertainty to facilitate the acceptance of change.
- To lead and implement change management activities across the business.
- To engage with key project teams and to support the integration of their projects with crucial change management initiatives embraced by the business.
- To achieve quick adoption of change and ensure efficient understanding and training in order to achieve organizational proficiency.
- To perform the role of a coach or mentor for senior managers of the business to assist them in fulfilling their role as change sponsors for their respective departments and teams.
- To handle new change initiatives and projects.
- To support change management at the organizational level and to support communication efforts.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience as a Change Manager having relevant credentials; i.e., MA in Strategic Change, CCMA (Certified Change Management Professional), or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Change Management strategies with demonstrated successful track record of success working with global organisations.
- Working knowledge and experience with a large retailer is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Change agent and highly experienced in conflict management.
- Empathetic with strong influencing skills and an excellent negotiator & mediator.
- Strong strategic planning and organisational skills with a hands-on execution style.
- Ability to build a personal rapport with all stakeholders.
- Multi-national / multi-cultural experience gained living overseas (preferred).
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend